Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's already the end of the year. How fast time goes by. But I'm already to get started on my 2010 plans. A new year always gets me in the mood to clean, reorganize and get things accomplished that needs to be done. This week I have been working in my sewing room, reorganizing, throwing away, moving furniture around and last night I shampoo the carpet. I didn't like my old rug shampooer so yesterday we went to WalMart and bought a new Bissell. The old one was good in it's day, but it was time for a new one. I think I'm really going to like this one.
This morning I starting rounding up Christmas and herding it to the dining room table to put away. The tree will come down on Saturday or Sunday. I used my new shampooer to shampoo the love seat in the living room this morning. It's amazing how something doesn't look all that bad but when I dump the dirty water, it almost makes me croak.
Since I can't sit on the love seat to stitch today, I did set down in my rocker at the deck door for a few minutes and stitched a label for some future ornament projects. I like to stitch my name, and year on a small piece of linen, finish the edge with a nuns stitch and trim around to add to the back of my ornaments, easels, bottom of boxes, etc.
Then I got board, so I decided to take some pictures of my sewing room for posting.
I took a picture of the ornament Sherry stitched for our ornament exchange while it's still hanging on the tree.
I will post pictures after I get some other taken.
Tonight I will have Austin while Sabrina and Brian go out for New Years Eve. Steve works tonight so Austin and I will probably ring in the New Year watching Sponge Bob and stitching. (Austin will watch Sponge Bob and I will stitch) thought maybe I needed to make that clear.
OK, Time for me to move onto something else for a while. My attention span is very short today.
Have a Happy New Year.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deana, I've loaded you into my reader so that I may keep up with you :)
    I too have been thinking about "redecorating" and painting some of my old furniture that is scuffed and things like that...much to my DH dismay :)
    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete