This past weekend Steve and I were in Branson for the State Fire Chiefs Convention. So hearing this morning the Branson area was hit by a tornado sure caught my attention. We were there from Thurs. thru Sunday. We stayed at Big Cedar Lodge and what a beautiful place to spend the weekend.
The entrance to the lodge.
This is the view we had from our room. Table Rock Lake is in the background.
The weather was great.
The end of Feb. and we were sitting out on the balcony.
Here's Steve in the lobby of our lodge. I didn't know Grizzly bears were so large.
Our room was beautiful. The window looks into the bathroom over the Jacuzzi tub.
How many of us have Raccoons in our bedrooms? And yes, I was watching Nascar!
This shot is looking up to our lodge from the road below. The water fall is from a natural spring.
This dinosaur greats you in the lobby of the Registration Building.
The hall in the convention center. The door on the right was where our banquet was held. Look at those ceiling lights.Their covered with antlers.
This is the fireplace at the entrance to the Convention Center. The picture before this was taken to the left of the fireplace.
Just down the hall from our room was this elk.
We love staying there.
While Steve had meetings on Friday and Sat. I checked out the local quilt shops.
Friday it was off to Springfield. I spent the day at 5 different quilt shops there.
There are a huge amount of fabric stores in the area. Sat. I found 2 in Branson.
I purchased alot of great fabrics and finished finding the fabric for my class that is coming up on the 22nd.
I was looking at photos today of the tornado damage in Branson this morning and happened to see one with the quilt shop called Quilts & Quilts. It looked to have some damage. Part of the roof missing was about all I could see from the picture but I'm sure their windows were blown out and couldn't see what the back of the building looked like. The building just to the left of it, in the same strip mall was completely destroyed.
It's hard to believe I was just there a few days ago.
I think the next time we are away from home staying in a hotel, I will find the tornado shelter when we first arrive. I noticed Big Cedar had a tornado shelter in the bar we were in Sat. afternoon while we were watching the MU/Kansas game, but I never even thought about seeing where the one was for the actual building our room was in. After all, it's Feb. Events like today certainly make to think about it.
I hope we get to stay there again.
Until next time. Deana










No comments:
Post a Comment