Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's just me and the dogs here today. Steve had a meeting out of town so I have spent the day doing just what ever I feel like doing. I've done some sewing on a new table runner. I'm using the same Jacob's Ladder pattern I made in my beginner quilting class I took back in the fall. I just finished sewing the blocks, now I'm ready to start stitching the blocks together. It takes 12 blocks to make the runner.

This time everything seems to be going together nicer. I was pleased with how well my points meet on my class piece this one seems to be more acurate in my cutting, sewing and pressing. I didn't realize how accurate pressing can change the size of a block.
I stayed up late last night finishing up House # 9 of Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. Now onto House #10.

I stopped by a thrift shop yesterday and this is what I call my Friday Finds.
The pretty glass plate for $1.00
And a pretty glass bowl for just $1.00

An oak shelf for $5.00

And this cute little sewing machine for $5.00

It looked new in the box so I'm going to play around with it and see how it sews. Then I can set it up in my sewing room for Austin for when he comes to visit and wants to sew.
I had some ready to bake cookie dough in the freezer I needed to bake so while their baking I've been posting this. Looks like the last batch is about to come out, so I'll finish this up and see you later on.





No comments:

Post a Comment