Tuesday, February 7, 2012


The puppies are growing too fast.
It's so much fun to watch them exploring their surroundings and playing with anything they find. Occasionally, they will get to playing so hard, we'll find them asleep behind a table, chair or on their blanket. It's like having twins in the house with them wandering in opposite directions. We try to put them back in their basket when they get tired then their usually good for a 2 hr nap. They were 5 weeks on Sunday and Emmie is starting to wean them away from her. She is not spending nearly as much time with them. Hannah is still the leader when it comes to weight. But TJ is close behind. Both now a little over 1 lb.
Here's TJ snuggled up with his stuffy.

Hannah sitting in her pen.

I love this picture of her with her cow. Those little back feet straight up in the air.

And TJ almost ready for a nap.

Then we have babies and big sister, Sage. She wants to play but doesn't understand how fragile they are.

 Since the last posting, I went to my stitching group. The 1st time back since Steve had his knees replaced last April. It's was good to see everyone and catch up on what everyone was doing.  I'm still stitching on house #9 of Houses of Hawk Run Hollow, but I'm getting close to finishing it. I started a quilted table runner from the same pattern that I made in my quilting class. Last Sunday I went to Apple tree Quilting in Columbia for their Super Bowl Sunday Sale and to sign up for a new class. I am going to take a paper piecing class that is a pineapple table runner. I'm anxious to get started. It's 3 classes for 3 hours. I went ahead and purchased my fabrics while they were on sale. It took me over an hour to pick them out. Does everyone take that long??? With all the cross stitching I've done over the years, changing out fabrics, changing threads and picking frames, you'd think I could choose quilting fabrics with confidence. But no, I pulled bolts and bolts of fabrics putting some back, pulling more,and changing the colors. I just get so intimidated when I see all those bolts. When I took my other quilting class, I decided I wanted to use the 1930's fabrics so I picked the one I really liked and then I had help from the teacher picking the other fabrics that would look good with it.  This time I wanted to try choosing them myself. I hope they look good together once I start sewing them together. Again, I started by pulling the one fabric I really wanted to use, a small print, a pretty shade of red. I quickly found it and then the hard part started. You know you'd think if you needed red, green, yellow and black, that would be pretty simple. I ended up putting the red back 2 times because I couldn't find anything I like to go with it. Then I found other reds I liked to try.  But nothing I pulled to go with it was just doing it for me. So for the 3rd time, I pulled the original bolt of red from the rack, and started all over. Frustrating!  Finally found what I thought looked really pretty together. Next dilemma, borders and binding. I couldn't even begin to think about those colors. I'll start putting it together, then start looking for fabric again.
Until next time,
Deana



No comments:

Post a Comment