Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is anyone else getting tired of snow? I know I am. After 8.5 inches Wed. night/Thurs morning, and about another inch last night, I decided Steve and I would just hold up at home this weekend. He can watch tv, and play some online poker while I stitch. Here's a picture I took this morning of my Happy Place.

Not so happy now. We were going to replace the fabric this next summer, but now I guess we'll replace the whole thing. I love my screened in room in the summer. I don't have to fight the misquitos with it. Ah Summer, hard to picture it right now with all the cold and snow.

Sage has enjoyed going outside to check out the latest snow level,


but she does perfer being inside where it's warm. Think she might like a scarf and stocking cap to match her coat?

I looked out the window this morning and the squirrels were scouting out some food. Anything they buried this fall, they won't be able to get to for a while.

I try to keep the birds and squirrels fed year round. Their all fun to watch.

I have been stitching on Yellow House Sampler but it is slow going. I only stitch on it when we are watching tv in the basement. It's turning out very pretty. Stitching over one is making the colors really intense.

I've also been sewing on my stamp quilt. I now have all the tiny squares cut. I've been sewing single squares into 2's. Then when I'm tired of that, I've sewn some 2's into 4's. I did complete 1 block of 10 squares just to see how they were going to look.
I've also been doing a little knitting. Still haven't finish the second sock that I started a while back, though.

Steve and I were out the other day when we decided to go by a lake where we see geese alot during the winter. I've been wanting to get pictures of them because there are so many, but when we got to the lake there really wasn't many there. Then Steve remembered another lake close by, so we drove over to it and this is why there wasn't very many geese at the 1st lake.



I hated to scare them off, but they were starting to return as we drove off.
I'm going to go work in my sewing room for a while, thanks for stopping by my blog.
Stay warm and enjoy your weekend.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Deana,
    I need school to start back again. I am sick of staying home. Love your Yellow House Sampler. The colors are brilliant. I have been stitching a blue fairy, which Dennis says just looks like a blue snow storm. Denise

    ReplyDelete