Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Storm 2011

I have a snow day :)
Here in Mid Missouri, our snow is predicted to reach 18-24 inches. There is even a BLIZZARD WARNING issued for our area. Unbelievable! I remember 13" back in 2006, but if we get what they are saying, it will make that look like nothing.
I have taken pictures just as it started snowing this morning and I hoping to take pictures hourly for a while. The local weather station is saying we could get 2 to 3 inches per hour at times. Here's what I took at 8:00am.

I taped a yard stick to our bird feeder but I don't think you will be able to read it, so I'll just let you know what it says.


Here's my car. It won't be out and about for a while.


And Steve's truck.

I did go to work but there was only 3 others in the office and once the snow started they were rounding up to leave. So I just came home too. My plan today is to do some sewing, stitching and relaxing. Apparently tomorrow will be a total shut down for everyone, another snow day is a guarantee. :)
I'll post off and on today. Check back from time to time to see the current snowfall.
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment