Just some quick posting to update this weeks happenings.
Last night we got about 3" of rain (so I hear).Lots of flash flooding this morning. A whole list of road closings on the radio this morning as I was getting ready for work. Since I'm not quite 3 miles from work I don't have to deal with any of them. But I did get a surprise when I got home from work tonight.
The basement leaked in the family room. Steve came in from work this morning and found it. He spent a good amount of time this morning moving furniture and wet vacing the carpet. Then after he left tonight I put in an hour with it.
We have a dehumidifier and fans blowing on it now. Hopefully we can get it dried out quickly. Everything from one side of the basement is now piled up on the other side.
It has the dogs total confused.
The weather channels are calling for rain off and on for the next several days, so I might as well leave everything where it is and keep the wet vac close by.
I don't have any new pics tonight. I have stitched the last couple of nights on The Prairie Schooler, N is For Nest. I don't have much more to do, but since it is one of my rotation pieces I keep by my chair in the basement, no stitching on it for a few nights. I think I'll go upstairs and stitch a little on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow or Quaker Christmas. I really need to be in my sewing room working on the organizing I have started. But that's no going to happen.
I think it's time for a soda, sofa and stitching.
That's it for now.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment