April 12th was our 34th wedding anniversary and Steve said he was taking me to pick out a new patio set along with a screen tent for our deck that I have really been wanting. We found the patio set that I liked but have been having trouble getting the screen tent that I want. I found the one I really like at Menards but they had sold all they had in stock, even the display. They said we would have to check back. Well, when Steve called this week they had received 2 more in and they were sold. I'm going to do some more shopping around, and hopefully find one I like this weekend. I don't want the new furniture outside without the screen over it, so it's all setting in our living room.
Steve bought a motorcycle this last Friday. He had been wanting one for a good while and had been looking around and finally found one he liked. We went to pick it up a couple of hundred miles from home and hauled it back in the back of his truck. As luck would have it, it rained all day Sat. and Sunday so he couldn't do anything but unload it and put it in the garage. He rode it to work tonight for the first time, to show the guys at work.

Now for stitching.
I finished stitching my Christmas House ornament last night. It will go in the finishing pile. I started Quaker Christmas and have been stitching on it a little here and there.

I added some projects to my rotation. And have updated my list.
I also framed Wayward Garden from The Drawn Thread, that I finished stitching last year. I was in the right place at the right time for the frame. Steve and I stopped by a couple of antique/flea markets when we were shopping for the patio funiture, and I found this frame at one of the shops. I think it looks really pretty with the design, and the best part....it cost me $2.00. Actually cost me $1.00 because I found a dollar bill on the floor in one of the isles.
Well, after looking at the picture I took of Wayward Garden, I see it is way too blurry to post tonight. I will take another one in a day or two and post it then.
Here's a new pic of house #6 of Hawk Run Hollow. It's a little blurry too, or my eyes can't focus tonight. But you can still tell how far I am.

That's it for tonight. I will post a few more pics that I want to get in a few days.
Thanks for stopping by.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment