Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My First Biscornu

I was so excited to get this finished to show off. It's my first biscornu and it was so easy to make. I was a little nerves about the assembly part but aside from just being slow stitching the edges together, it was very easy. I really want to start another one but I need to work on some other finishes first.

I stitched it on bone Jobelan, using Jenny Thompson flower thread.

Last weekend I decided to stitch upstairs in the livingroom on Fall Gifts from Carriage House Samplings. I have gotten to the point of just filling in the last 2 pumpkins, so I'm on a mission to get it done before moving onto Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. It's kind of boring just filling in the two pumpkins but I am so close to being done that I have stitched as much as I can. Hopefully in a couple of nights I will be able to post the pic of the finished piece.

Tomorrow is our weekly stitch night in Columbia and I haven't decided wither to take it along to work on or just take something small.

We have not been able to let Emmie go out on the deck because she is so small she goes thru the spindles of the rails and jumps off the deck. So last Sunday we bought some small wire and Steve stapled it around the inside of the deck. The weather has been nice enough this week to let all 3 of the girls out on the deck.
They love to lay out there when the sun is shining and Emmie has discovered the flower pots with nothing but dirt in them. They will have to be relocated for this summer or she will have everthing dug up.
Also here's a pic of Emmie and Molly playing in the livingroom.


That all for now. Sage is laying on our bed whining for me to come to bed. Boy, it's bad when the dogs tell you when it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment