Monday night when I got home from work, Steve had grilled salmon, mushrooms and fresh asparagus on the grill. It was really good. He had bought a pair of cedar planks at Bass Pro and was eager to try them out. With adding a salad we were set for a really nice dinner and I didn't have to do anything.
Tues. We had tickets to the Eagles, Long Road Out of Eden tour that was in Columbia. Our 2 daughters surprised us with tickets as an early Mothers Day/Fathers Day gift.
The concert was great. If you like the Eagles, I suggest you go. It was even better than I thought it would be.
After 4 hours of sleep on Tues. night, I went to bed at 8:30 Wed.night.
Yesterday was my Friday off work so I started it out full speed. Steve was leaving on his annual weekend snagging trip with 3 of his fiends, so after they were off, I started laundry,did some cleaning, then I started working on adding some freebie patterns that I had printed, to page protectors and putting them in my 3 ring binder I have for Freebies. By noon it had warmed up enough to head outside.
I had cleaned up the front yard a couple of days back in Feb. when there was a warm spell,but the back was the part I'm not really trilled about starting. It's big and the flower beds take alot of time to clean out.
The daffodils are up and starting to bud along with the Hyacinths. I love this time of year, when things are budding and greening up. Finally, some color.
I worked for 4 hrs and then my back said it was enough. I did get alot cleaned up but didn't get finished by no means. I still have 2 large beds by the deck to clean out. A small one by the back door, and the leaves have really piled up this winter around the Lilacs. After coming in the house I took a couple of Advil and that along with my allergies I wasn't feeling so well. I think the Advil upset my stomach, and the last 2 times I worked cleaning up leaves, I wasn't feeling to good a little later. I'm starting to think it's my allergy to mold. I have shortness of breath, coughing and just a general feeling of the blahs....
Also, I had planned on getting a load of dirt today for leveling up the yard in places but this morning is looking a bit like rain. The forcast calls for spotty showers but I'm not sure wither to go get the load or wait until next weekend. Guess I'll see what the day brings.
Last night I finished the cross stitch part of my biscornu and started the backstitching for the assembly part. I'm excited to start that portion, since this is my 1st biscornu.
I need to decide what to do today. I really want to get some stitching in today too. I was looking at some x stitch blogs and I can't believe how fast some can get their projects stitched. I wish I could stitch faster and longer. There is so much I want to stitch.
I better get busy now.
No comments:
Post a Comment