Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Be Cold Inside and Out!

It's be Cold is the ornament I started the other day. I'm stitching on 28 ct over 1 so I can make it into an ornament. I'm about 1/2 way finished. I need to get a pic posted, maybe Friday since I work tomorrow and our stitching group meets tomorrow night. We are getting some snow flurries tonight but should not get any accumulation.
This winter has not been too bad, just cold and windy with a couple of small snows.
Yet I just hate winter and can't wait for spring to see some color. I'm thinking of starting some more small projects and do a rotation. I've been reading where others are rotating projects and some stitchers seem to be doing well and others say they can't stay with it. I'm not sure if I can stay with it either because I like to stitch on one project until I grow tired of it and then switch off to another one.
I have purchased a basket at WallyWorld to have by my chair to keep my wips in, to make it easier to switch off to another one. I stitch in the familyroom and in the livingroom upstairs so I have 1 project at each location that I'm stitching on.

I started another pair of socks Sunday, these are for my husband, but the gage is too far off and after knitting the cuff, I could tell I'm going to have to buy a smaller set of double pointed needles.
Of course, all we have in town is WallyWorld for knitting supplies and they only carry 2 sizes of needles so the sock has been unravaled, awaiting a new start.

I still need to finish putting the Christmas stuff away. The tree was undecorated Sunday. I got all of those decorations put back in the rubbermaid containers. My husband got the tree put away yesterday but there is quite a gathering of santas and misc decorations on my diningroom table waiting for me to get another rubbermaid out for them. I planned on doing that tonight but after balancing the checkbook and reading a couple of blogs, I'm just tired and don't feel like dragging the rubbermaids out from under the basement steps. I have to get it done this weekend.

That's it for now, maybe I can get about 30 min. in of stitching before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment