Happy New Year to everyone.
It has been an exciting day in our household. In the wee hours this morning Emmie had 2 babies. One little girl, 4.2 oz, all brown except a dab of white on her neck and cheek. And a little boy, 4.8 oz that is brown and white. The girl was born at 2:30am the boy at almost 4:00am. (I never thought when I purchased my postal scales I'd be weighing puppies with it.)
This is our 1st experience with puppy births and I don't think I want to do it again.
Yesterday afternoon, Emmie laid on the couch with me and took a nap and when I got up at 4 she got up too. She almost immediately started pacing, and panting really hard. She continued this all evening. I tried to go to bed but I couldn't get to sleep because of her pacing and panting all around the kitchen and hall by our bedroom. Then I heard this little squeal. Reminds me of a little mouse squeaking. I jumped out of bed and she had just had the 1st one. So, like she was one of our human family members, I started coffee and waited it out until she was done. By that time I was to wound up to much to go to sleep. It's so cute to watch her care for them. I've enjoyed watching her today.She is going to be a very good mommy. She is also very protective of them. Tanner, the proud papa, tried to walk up and take a peek when she snapped him in the nose and sent him running under the couch.
I have really enjoyed having this week off from work. I did plenty of it around here though. I demolished my sewing room and did some major cleaning and reorganizing. 2 full days and I almost have it finished.
Now I'm hoping for some quality sewing time in there.
For now, I think I will hit the recliner for an afternoon nap.
Take care and have a great New Years Day.
Deana


No comments:
Post a Comment