Thursday, November 4, 2010

I finally have all the little stamps ripped apart, pressed, trimmed and pinned back together. I started stitching them back together Sat. Austin was here this weekend and wanted to help so I gave him a pair of small scissors and he set down and clipped away. He had fun and it really helped me out.
I would show you pics that I took, but my camera and laptop are mad at each other and not speaking. After screwing around with both of them, I think I have a bad cable to my camera. Now I've got to figure out where to find one of them.
I hate electronics!!!
I am left with showing you pics that I had on my camera with my last posting.
Here's a pic of some fabric I bought at this wonderful quilt store. Let me correct that. I meant pharmacy. Yes, pharmacy! When I was in Pennsacola at Needle Delights, I asked where I could find fabrics. They told me A & E Pharmacy has fabrics. What! A pharmacy carrying fabrics?? But it was on my way back to Gulf Shores so I figured why not stop by. GO MY GOSH! You wouldn't believe how much fabric they have. It reminded me of the old time dime stores we had as a kid. But 1/2 the building was all fabrics and crafts. The store was full of customers and had a great sale going. As I brought a cart full of fabric bolts to the cutting counter, another customer looked at me, smiled and said "You are going to be in sooo much trouble" I laughed and said "No I'm not! My husband's out deep sea fishing. He doesn't care what I buy." Good thing!! I came home with 62 different pieces of fabric. Most of it I got at 30%,40% and 50% off. They said they have this sale once a year, so lucky me!! I took pics of my stash but those are waiting to be uploaded for the camera. I do however have a picture of the fabrics I bought to make a table cover for when we're camping. Just a bunch of fun beachy fabrics.

Aren't they great? I also bought fabrics for a quilt I saw in a magazine when we were driving to Gulf Shores. I showed it to Steve and he made a comment that it was really neat. I bought the vintage fabrics for it. As far as all the other fabrics....Well, their just for stash.
I want to show you a very cool thing from vacation. Steve and I were walking along the beach when we came upon a sea turtle nest. It was roped off and had a sign posted. As I was taking a picture of the area, a lady with Share the Shore came up to check the nest. We got to talking and I went back two days later when they were going to excavate the nest. They had 75 baby turtles hatch out a couple of days earlier and were going to see if there were any that hatched but had not been able to dig to the top of the sand. There was also 2 marine biologist from the University of Florida that documented everything. 4 eggs did not hatch. I wish I could have been there to see the hatch. They talked about having to "herd" them down to the water. If you have never seen a video of a turtle nest hatching, you should look on the web. Their amazing to watch.




I'd also like show you something else we found on the beach.
THANKS BP!!!!!

I must say the beaches were very clean. We saw a few, what I'd call command centers. And some areas that were being cleaned. But all in all the beaches were wonderful. It's very obvious they will be cleaning beaches for years to come. The areas that we did see the tar balls, we also saw tar balls in the water.
But I leave tonight with a postive picture of what we should be seeing at the beach.

Until next time.
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment