Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's been a long time....

since I posted. Here's what I've been up to. We went on a much needed vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama for 2 weeks the end of Sept. We had a great time. Steve did alot of salt water fishing, stocking our freezer in the camper for the next year.
I did a lot of stitching. And I do mean alot. Just being away from home gave me that relaxation I was needing.
Some days I spent the entire day at our camper, stitching, taking a bike ride or just sitting outside enjoying the campground.

One night Steve made the comment "In all the years we've been coming down here we have never seen an alligator anywhere in the campground" (except the lake) Then the next day I took a bike ride down the main road of the campground and see what I found in the drainage ditch.

You can see the concrete culvert to see how close I was to them.

I guess they just stay in the ditches. As you hear about other animals, Leave them alone, and they'll leave you alone. I had to take a picture of this sign at the swings though. Something about kids swinging beside Do Not Feed or Aggravate the Alagators sign, I found funny.

One day I took a really long bike ride down a trail that when thru the back areas of the campground.


I found some really large pine cones to try to make a wreath like the one hanging in the activity center at the campground.
Here's theirs, I hope mine come out this nice.

I took a stamp quilt that my mom had started with me to redo. Her eyesight was not as good as it once was when she was putting it together so the sizes of the squares were not the same, making the seam not match. I have all the blocks ripped apart and am in the process of trimming them down a shade so they are all the same size. Pinning them together in pairs. I have not started stitching them back together yet. I stitched on Mermaids to the point I didn't have a thread that needed so had to wait to buy it, I also started a Christmas ornament. I also stitched on one of my primitive embroidery pieces.
I still need to upload pics from my camera to show you so I'll close for now, leaving you with one of the sunsets I took from the pier.

Deana

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you relaxed and enjoyed yourself. Denise

    ReplyDelete