Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mom

Not much to say today. Mom passed away Thurs morning. She was in the dining room at the nursing home when she slumped over. They took her back to her room and called us to let us know we needed to come. Steve, Angie, Sabrina and I left work immediately but about 1/2 way to Moberly, Hospice called my husband and said she was gone. Steve had stopped by to see her last Monday and she made the comment "If I'm going to die, I want to go fast!" She certainly did that. It's been a rough 8 months for her since her stroke, so at least she's in peace now. Sometimes that helps me,sometimes it doesn't. The only thing that would make things better for me is to have her back at her home, baking her apple pies and sending one home with us. Since she lived just around the corner from us, I have to go by her house everytime we go somewhere. It's hard to drive by and think she will not be there anymore. Her funeral is tomorrow so I just need to get thru Monday and try to keep myself together which has not been going so well so far. I appreciate the cards and calls from everyone. Your thought and prayers give me comfort knowing you care.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time...

    ReplyDelete