Hi All,
I finished house # 7 on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow last night. I'm not getting much time to stitch right now. Mom is getting worse and she spent a few days in the hospital week before last. She is now back at the nursing home and is back to eating and drinking. I am in the process of cleaning and boxing her house. We're not sure what we are going to do with it yet, so I'm just sorting, trashing the junk, boxing and labeling the rest.
It doesn't seem like I've stitched much this month but I decided to keep track of the number of stitches I've done since the 1st of June, and it's surprising how many I've managed to get in. Most of my stitching is happening later in the evening after I've give up for the night, and just have to set down. After working on moms house yesterday, I decided it was time to set and stitch so after I cleaned up dinner and Steve left for work, I spent the entire evening stitching. How nice. After I finished house #7, I pulled together the threads for house #8. But, I think I'm going to put it aside for a while now and pick something from my rotation. Maybe Mermaids from (I think) Little House Needleworks. i feel like something "beachy".
We were to leave this Friday on vacation to the gulf, but with moms condition, we decided we better stick around home so we cancelled and hope we can still take one later. I was already for a visit to Needle Delights in Pensacola but guess my list will just get longer.
Steve had to work Sat. and yesterday so his Father's Day will be celabrated this Sunday. The girls and guys will be here for a BBQ. We haven't had a get together since Mothers Day. It will be nice to have them here.
I'll take a picture of "houses" and try to post next time.
Guess that's all I have for now.
Have a good week and happy stitching.
Deana
Deana,
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers are with you. Sometimes sitting down and just stitching is the best medicine to get your mind off things. Take care of you:) Denise