I'm finally back. I've just been in a "funk" since mom passed away. Thanks to all of you for your kind words,and prayers. Since my last posting lots has been going on. I'm continuing to clean and sort moms house. There hasn't been alot of free time to do "fun stuff". I haven't picked up a cross stitch needle since mom has been gone. Just couldn't get into it. I have been quilting on a Grandmothers Flower Garden quilt that mom started decades ago and never finished. Here's a pic of it.

What free time I have have, I've spent working on this. This has always been my favorite quilt design. I haven't quilted for about 30 years. Since discovering x stitch, I really wasn't interested in getting into any other craft. Mom had several pieced quilts started from years ago, but she hadn't worked on them much since she started doing the stamped emborderery quilt tops. She also did all her own hand quilting. No machine quilting for her. I think that made all her quilts even more special. It kind of weird because I haven't had the interest to make a quilt in the past, loved hers but not interest in doing one myself. Now I want to finish her tops and quilt them. Maybe she passed a little quilting bug onto me as she passed in hope they got finished.
I went to our stitching get together Thurs. night. I hadn't been there either since mom passed. It was a small group of us,but very fun. I think I needed that little kick in the butt. I did get back to stitching on my Prairie Schooler ABC.
Denise, you are so funny. I always enjoy seeing you, no one can be in a crappy mood around you for long. You make everyone have fun.
Two weeks ago we added a new member to the family.

His name is Buddy.

Notice the saying on the rug.
He's about 2 years old. I had one of our managers at work tell me his daughter wanted to give him away. He is full pomerainian,but his fur was trimmed down because he stayed out side most of the time. I'm anxious to see what he coat will look like when it grows out. He's just a love bug and between him and Emmie, one or the other, or both are on my lap when I'm sitting down. He has not been nuetered yet so nexted Monday it's off the the doggy hospital for his little snip-snip. And to top everything off Emmie is not spayed and in heat. So I have to keep them seperated if they are not right with me. Buddy thinks he's in love. We keep telling him Emmie is his sister not his girlfriend but he doesn't seem to listen.
I have more to tell but will need to stop for now.
I will try not to be so long posting from now on.
Deana
I love Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts and am glad you're finishing up the one your mom started. Thanks for bringing it to stitch group last week. I believe the desire to quilt is genetic and comes out at the oddest time! My situation was almost exactly like yours...I didn't start quilting until after my mom passed away and I wanted to finish up one she had started. Now quilting is my primary craft. It may turn out that way for you, too. Or maybe not. ha! And I like having more than one thing to work on (for me, quilting and knitting) so I don't get bored with either one.
ReplyDeleteBuddy looks like quite the dog! Hope you will post pix after the fur grows out. Poms are such cute dogs.
How beautiful!!!!Happy to see you sharing this with others. You added sunshine to my day. Denise
ReplyDelete