Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some framing finished

Happy Saturday!
I have a busy weekend planned but have not posted anything for a couple of weeks, and I've been wanting to get some more of my finishing pics posted. Here are 3 Prairie Schooler alphabets that I framed a couple of weeks ago. L is for Leaf, M is for Mermaid and N is for Nest. Slowly but surely they are coming along.



Our stitching group has not been meeting thru July and August but one of the gals, Denise emailed all of us to see if we would like to meet this last Thursday at It's A Grind to stitch. All of us must have been going thru withdrawal because we all loved the idea. I don't think most of us had been to It's A Grind, a great little coffee house that had a room for us to use, so we weren't bothering anyone else in the shop. We can get a little loud sometimes.

Here's some pics of my flowers in the backyard. I love the Stargazer lilies, just wish they would last longer. The purple cone flower is from a plant that has to be 10 yrs old or more. I also enjoy seeing it come back each year.





Angie & Darrell, Sabrina, Brian and Austin are coming tomorrow for us to celebrate Sabrina and my birthdays. They were both in July but with vacation and other things going on we could not get together sooner.
Angie has been taking a cake decorating class using the fondent icing and she's making the cake. I'm excited to see what it looks like. She will be able to get lots of practice now until the end of the year. All of our birthdays fall in the last half of the year.

And last, here's a picture of Austin, I can't believe he will be five in ten more days. I don't think my girls grow that fast. Here he is posing with his John Deere bike.



Happy Stitching,
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Deana, Just back from KC trip. Picked up the Blackbird Journal and some free patterns. I enjoyed your flowers!!! Denise

    ReplyDelete