Saturday, August 15, 2009

Quaker Christmas Progress

I got to thinking how quickly the year has been moving, that Christmas will be here before we know it and what I've been stitching on. I had put Quaker Christmas in my sewing room and hadn't stitched on it since shortly after I started it. After unrolling my Houses of Hawk Run Hollow and seeing the date I had stitched in as 2006, I thought I needed to consontrate on it for a while. Then I thought about Quaker Christmas, and if I wanted to have it done for this year to display, I'd better get back to stitching on it. So, Houses moved to the sewing room and Quaker came back in the living room. I've stitched on it just this week and have made pretty good progress. Still, I'm not sure I can finish it for this Christmas.
I had halloween designs I wanted to do for this year and haven't got those done either.
Here's the progress on Quaker Christmas.

I did do a quick little freebie one camping weekend a while back. It's from The Primitive Needle called By The Light Of The Moon. I tea dyed the fabric and it's stitched with Weeks Dye Works. I found this cute halloween fabric I want to use with it.


Here's Spooky Treats by Knotted Tree. I have been going to the park for lunch,parking by the lake and stitching. It's my quiet time. It's hard to tell what it is so far but I'm stitching on a ghost but you use a JABCO button for the head. I saw this stitched at The Silver Needle and it was the cutest idea.



And last for my WIPS, Austin's toothfairy pillow. I stitched it on 10ct.Heatherfield. It's been so long since I've stitched on large count that it seemed weird at first, but I needed to have it come out larger than the pattern called for because I have a little treasure chest to put the tooth in that goes in the pocket which I haven't sewn on yet. I still have to look thru my fabrics and see if I have anything to finish it or if I'm going to have to buy some.



Steve left Wed morning to work the MO. State Fair fire dept. He will be gone until Tues. and will come home to work his regular job Wed and Thrus. and then he is going back to work the fire dept until Sun. when the fair is over. He has done this for years and enjoys it so much. There are firefighters from all over the state of MO. that volunteer to work the fire dept at the fair each year.
Next Sat. night, Sabrina and I have tickets to see Brooks and Dunn at the fair.
I heard this week Brooks and Dunn are calling it quits after 2010. I'm glad we're going to get to see them now.
With Steve gone this week, I've been coming home from work, eating what ever I can grab and trying to spend a 2 or 3 hrs.doing some extra work around the house that has been getting pushed to the back burner. I've also been getting some stitching in too.
Last Sat. Sabrina and Brian had a birthday party for Austin. He was 5 on Monday. I can't beleive he's that old already. He wanted a camping theme so they had a weinie roast. Sabrina was going to set dome tents up with things the kids could do in each tent. But since the heat index was going to be around 100 degrees she opted for a slip N slide and water sprinker. They had sent up canopies for the adults to set under and it was pretty nice in the shade of the tents. Our daughter Angie made his cake which she has done every year since he was born. Here's some pics of it.
Sabrina has to get credit for the trees. Angie showed her how to make them and she did a really nice job. They are sugar cones turned upside down.



And here's one of the birthday boy. Yes, it's a mohawk!!! Not my thing, but he thinks it's so "cool". Grammy likes the regular hair cuts.

I have to get busy now, the day will be gone before I know it.
Until next time.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way your Christmas Quaker is coming. I simply love reading these blogs. I have read about tea dyeing. May try it sometime. Denise

    ReplyDelete