Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where did June go?

Holy Moly!!!! I just looked at my blog and can't beleive June 2nd was the last posting I did. June just flew by. We left June 19th for vacation to Gulf Shores, AL and got home July 6th. As always we have the best time there. We stay at the State Campground in Gulf Shores. How it has changed over the 7 years we've been going. We started vacationing there a year or 2 before Hurricane Ivan blew thru and destroyed just about everything in that area. The campground was full of trees when we first stayed there. Ivan hit that area just 2 weeks before we were to leave so we couldn't go that year. The next year, and every year since we go back. The storm surge killed almost all the trees in the park, but each trip back, we see new growth. The campground is sooo nice. Clean,great shower houses,close to the beach, everyone is friendly.
This year we didn't have internet because they are doing some construction in the park. Hopefully by next year the store, laundry, activity center and a pool will be complete.
The pool would have been nice to have this year. The heat was awful. Heat index over 100 every day.
The first week we were there I stayed in the camper most of the day stitching while Steve went fishing. I finished 3 projects that I took along.
I know I have the rotation system going, but for vacation, I decided to pick and choose the projects to take from the rotation.
I managed to finish, Dance of the Bumble Bee, Summer Blue, and Lacey Pinks.
I made 3 trips to Needle Delights in Pensacola.
I will post pics of what I purchased at a later time. I picked up some fabric there and started a tooth fairy pillow for our grandson Austin.
We had been in Gulf Shores just a couple of days when the camera I bought in Oct. decided to quit. So I had to buy another one. I took some pics but still have to download them to my computer, and I just don't feel like it tonight.
After being gone and going back to work the day after getting home, I've been trying to play catch-up.
When we got home on Monday, Steve was going to put some fish in the freezer in the basement that he had caught, when we found out the freezer went out while we were gone. It had to have quit shortly after we left because there wasn't even a chill in any of the food. And the smell.....you can just imagine. So instead of unpacking the camper, we spent the afternoon trashing all the food and hauling off the freezer plus mopping the workshop floor.
Tues. back to work. It was also my birthday. Steve bought me a black diamond turtle necklace that I found a while back and had forgotten about it. It was a nice surprise. I love it.
I need to stop for now. I have a super headache and think I'll get my frozen flax seed pillow for my head and go to bed.

Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment