Friday, July 10, 2009

Photo Finish

I finally got some time to take some pics of my pieces I finished while on vacation. 1st, Here's Lacey Pinks by Debbie Draper Designs. This pattern had the floss with it when I purchased it. The pink was a little loud for me and it seemed brighter when I laid the floss on white fabric. So I dyed my 28ct white with beet juice. Yep, right out of the can. I think it ended up being just the right color for the floss.

2nd is Summer Blue. The pattern shows it stitched in navy blue. But I decided to change it to a Needle Necessities floss.

And finally Dance of the Bumble Bee from Bent Creek.

Now I have to decide what I want to put into the rotation to replace these 3 finishes.

I made several purchases while on vacation. On our way to Gulf Shores, we were able to stop by Shakespears Peddler in Hattiesburg, MS. Bought a few patterns there.
Then while in Gulf Shores, I had to make 3 trips to Needle Delights. The 1st trip, to see what was new and buy a few things, plus place an order with them. The 2nd trip was to pick up the order and see what I missed the 1st time. And then there was the 3rd trip, just to get one more stitching fix before leaving to come back to MO.

The heat has just been awful so tomorrow will probably be a good stitching day. I'm still trying to get caught up from being gone for 2 weeks. I finally got the laundry done except for the sheets and quilt from the bed in the camper. Still have to bring more stuff in from the camper. Mostly things I bought and stored under the bed while traveling. It's easier if I have Steve help me because you have to hold the bed up while someone gets the stuff out from under it.
We want to redo the basement with a "beachy" theme, and found several things while we were traveling that will look really good in there. I'm keeping my eyes open for some neat pieces for it. I have bought some cross stich patterns too that I want to stitch for it too. I also bought 2 Crepe Myrtle bushes and have to get them planted this weekend.

I was picking blackberries Wed. night in our backyard when I got stung by a bumble bee. I didn't know those things could hurt so bad. I have this huge red spot on my leg that itches me to death. When I got stung,I jumped out of the patch and we were trying to figure out where it came from when we saw alot of them flying around. They have nested in the middle of the patch. Last night I quietly walked around outside the patch looking for them and found where they are nested. Tomorrow will be a trip to Westlakes for bee killer. I hate to kill them because I know they benefit the flowers but I can't get in there to pick my blackberries,so they must go.

And I must go for now. Next time I will have pics of what I bought at the needlework shops.

Happy Stitching,
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment