I can't believe we're now into the 11 month of the year. It seems like it was summer such a short time ago.
However our yard shows differently. Leaves are falling at a rapid pace. It's also rainy and cold outside tonight. Since I haven't posted very regularly this year, I wanted to share a few things going on this year.
In August after the State Fair we celebrated Austin's 8th birthday. Gosh! He's getting so big.
However our yard shows differently. Leaves are falling at a rapid pace. It's also rainy and cold outside tonight. Since I haven't posted very regularly this year, I wanted to share a few things going on this year.
In August after the State Fair we celebrated Austin's 8th birthday. Gosh! He's getting so big.
Celebrating with a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.
Here's the progress I've made on my fall table runner. I had to stop working on it while my quilting class was going on to keep up with that project. I now have these blocks sewn together and next will be the border added to it. Check back later for a pic of the finished piece.
I made a tote bag out of this fabric a few years ago for my cross stitch lap stand to fit in when traveling. But the overall size was just way too wide and the handles were to long. I added several pockets inside and out. So much for my 1st try with no pattern. It's just been thrown in my sewing room closet not being used since. I liked the fabric so I didn't want to just get rid of it. A while back I decided to rip it all apart and try again. Well, after finally getting all the seams rip apart, the whole thing got folded up and put in my "To Do" stack. I think I was just intimidated without a pattern and just didn't want to start all over again. Well,
Sat. night I finally decided to drag it out again. And kind of like the Nike commercial, I thought to myself "Just Do It" So I cut it way down side to side but left the height the same. Shortened the handles too. After redoing the lining to fit I now have a bag I really like and will finally get to use. And one more thing out of the "to do" pile. I hate looking at that pile but it's stuff I don't really want to work on. It does feel good to knock something out of that pile once in a while though.
I haven't been cross stitching for quit some time. I've been doing some primitive embrodery and working on Grandmother's Flower Garden. But tonight I looked thru my cross stitch patterns and found the one I want to make for Austin for this year.
I'm having my gall bladder removed this coming Friday so if everything goes well and I feel like stitching, that's what I plan on working on while recurperating.
I'm also joining in on a Mystery Quilt online with Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville's Quips & Snips.
I've really didn't know what a Mystery Quilt was but it sounded like fun so why not. She will be giving us our instructions on Fridays and we have a week to make them. We don't know what we're making but as we work on it, the whole thing will come together. Then next year the mystery quilt will be in one of her new books. Wish I could tell you more but I'm not really sure what I'm doing so stay tuned to see the progress.
And an updated picture of the pups.
They just turned 10 months on the 1st and have changed since I took these pictures.
Here's Hannah.
And Teddy.
Gotta go for now so until next time.
Take care,
Deana





Austin is really growing. Hope you post the cross stitch you make him. By now the gall bladder is out, hope all went well. Denise
ReplyDelete