I'm working on a mystery. A mystery quilt actually. Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville Quips & Snips is hosting a mystery quilt a long called Easy Street. It will then be published in one of her books at a later date. I was excited to take part in this mystery. As a fairly new quilter, I was interested in what this was all about. We don't know what the quilt design is, but each week Bonnie is giving us our "clues" our instructions of what we need to make for each week. We picked our 3 main colors, our background fabrics and one constant color. Here's what I chose. Yellow, Blue and Orange along with Black on white as the background and the dark Gray as the constant.
It was a little hard for me to choose since I don't really know what the design is. Bonnie showed us her choices on her blog so we did get an idea, and Bonnie suggested we make our own color choices. She also told us how much of each fabric we needed so we wouldn't over buy or run the chance of not having enough.
Last week was our 1st week. Our 1st Clue... take our background and our constant color and make 192 four patches. I cut and sewed for a couple of days and here they are.

That's alot of 4 patches but they were fun to make.
This week, clue #2
I took my blue fabric and black on white fabric and cut 192 flying geese.
Last night I got all the pieces cut while watching Bonnie on her quilt cam. She host an online quilting get together with her webcam. It's so much fun to watch her sew while we are sewing. She reads emails and text that quilters send and she will answer questions while we all sew. She is so helpful with any questions you have and it's a great time to get some sewing in.
She will be hosting the next quilt cam tomorrow at 1:00pm our time. I will hopefully be able to set in and watch and sew up the flying geese.
I cross stitch Austin's Christmas ornament for this year and gave it to him last week when we got together for Thanksgiving.
He has a black Lab named Jeff so he really liked it.
Have a great weekend and take a little time to stitch for yourself.
Deana



No comments:
Post a Comment