Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Here!

Well here it is! My new Innova Long arm Quilting machine. I'm so excited to get it.
 Joe and Amy Hunter that owns
Hunter Heirloom Quilting came Monday morning and started setting everything up.

Here's Joe getting everything ready to go.

Amy and Joe bolting the frame together. They work so smoothly together. They make it look easy.
Believe me there was alot to this job. Worth every cent we spent. After all with what the machine and frame cost why scrimp on the setup. Steve and I would have been days trying to get this together. Having everything level and set just right is very important in how your machine handles. By the way, this frame is made of aircraft aluminum. Very sturdy.

Now Joe is putting the leaders on the poles.

On goes the machine.

Amy showed me how to load a quilt. Although this is just two layers of muslin with the batting between for practicing.  I'm going to have to do alot of that.
The machine is so easy to move around.


Here's a side view after everything is finished.
For the last year, I've been looking at long arm machines, reading reviews and test driving them in shops and to me there isn't anything better than the Innova.
I couldn't find one bad review about this machine. From what I have heard, this machine is starting to catch the eye of quilters that own other brands of machines too. I know with the machines I tried, this won hands down. If you are thinking of buying a long arm, please check this brand out.
I'm not getting anything for saying this or mentioning Amy and Joe Hunter either. I'm just saying if your shopping you won't be disappointed in this machine. 

Tonight I did some more practicing. As you can see I've rolled it a couple of times now. I'm getting better each time I play with it. Last night I also moved some of my sewing "stuff" into my new quilting room. My sewing room was getting a little full so it's really nice to be able to spread out into the next room. As you can see Emmie now has a special spot all her own in the room too. But if I have a full quilt on the frame, she will be hidden behind the quilt. She might just like being tucked away in her little hideout.
I haven't any other pics for tonight. I've been working on my class quilt. This week we started working on sashing around our blocks along with the setting triangles. I will show it to you as soon as it is together.
That's all I have for tonight so until next time...
Deana

No comments:

Post a Comment