Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sorry I didn't get the pictures of the quilts at the State Fair posted Monday. It was a busy day around here.
Here they are. Enjoy
I love the vintage fabrics.

These little squares are about 1" and the two panels were applique.

I love the colors in this one.


Some more vintage fabrics.



This quilt was amazing. A combination of different fabrics were used to create the tractor.

Black and Red always show great

This was 1st place Best In Show
I love looking at all of them. They inspire me to do my best on mine.
Here's something I just had to show you too.



This jacket was amazing. I can't imagine the hours it took to make this.
 Now I will tell you my exciting news.
Last Saturday Steve and I went to Clearview Mo. to meet with Joe and Amy Hunter of Hunter Heirloom Quilting. They are dealers of Innova Longarm Quilting machines. Here is what I"m sooo excited about.
Yep! We bought a quilting machine. I had to go with a 10' frame and chose the 22" machine. The room I want it in won't take the 12' frame. But with the 10' I can quilt everything up to a king size quilt. I just can't wait to get it. After looking at different machines for the last year I decided this was the one for me. It should be here in about 2 or 3 weeks. Then Joe and Amy will have their guys deliver it, set it up and show me all the ins and outs to it. I know I'm going to love it. It runs so smooth. Absolutely no vibration to it. I just can't wait to get started on something. I'll play around with it for a couple of weeks, practicing different designs. With the purchase of the machine there is free training I can receive from Amy at their shop. I must say, Steve is actually the one who mentioned me buying one when I started quilting. He is the greatest. Always supports me in whatever I want to do. And in fact I didn't even want one when he mentioned it to me. But the more I quilted the more I found myself looking at the machines. Then one day it was like.."Well let me just try one."
I found it very enjoyable. Steve's right there saying "You really need to get one of these." So the shopping began.
As I said this weekend was a busy one because we are now moving rooms around. I am moving the spare bedroom from upstairs to the bedroom downstairs that wasn't being used for anything other than storage.
So when my machine gets delivered, it will be assembled in the room right next to my sewing room now.
 Until next time, take care.
Deana



1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are really into the quilting these days. Good luck with the machine. Miss seeing you at stitching. Love all the quilt photos from State Fair. Brought back memories. Denise

    ReplyDelete