Good Morning,
It's Labor Day weekend and we are finally getting some rain. Thanks to Isaac. I hate that everyone in the south had to endure him but if it hadn't been for Isaac we still wouldn't have any rain. I have been trying to keep our small trees and shrubs watered along with the usual watering of the flowers. I see trees and shrubs around town that look dead and wonder if they will come back out in the spring.
In August Steve worked at the Mo. State Fair Fire Dept for 2 weeks and I drove down on the weekends.
The 1st weekend I went by myself. The second weekend, Angie and Austin came along. But the weekend I had to myself I spent alot of time browsing the buildings with the 4H exhibits and then over to the building where anyone can enter their projects. Of course, I took lots of pictures of the quilts. There were very few entries of counted cross stitch in both buildings. Sad!
Here are some I took of the 4H'ers projects. Aren't they great! I so impressed that young people still want to learn different crafts and how nice they turn out.
It's Labor Day weekend and we are finally getting some rain. Thanks to Isaac. I hate that everyone in the south had to endure him but if it hadn't been for Isaac we still wouldn't have any rain. I have been trying to keep our small trees and shrubs watered along with the usual watering of the flowers. I see trees and shrubs around town that look dead and wonder if they will come back out in the spring.
In August Steve worked at the Mo. State Fair Fire Dept for 2 weeks and I drove down on the weekends.
The 1st weekend I went by myself. The second weekend, Angie and Austin came along. But the weekend I had to myself I spent alot of time browsing the buildings with the 4H exhibits and then over to the building where anyone can enter their projects. Of course, I took lots of pictures of the quilts. There were very few entries of counted cross stitch in both buildings. Sad!
Here are some I took of the 4H'ers projects. Aren't they great! I so impressed that young people still want to learn different crafts and how nice they turn out.
Take a look at these. I've sewn all my life and I wouldn't undertake these 2 dresses. They did a wonderful job working with these slick fabrics.
The cakes were also great. I like to see what they create each year.
I also spent some time taking in some of the 30 min programs the fair offers at the Home Economics building. The programs I caught were quilting tips, one where they demo a rotory cutter that cuts perfect circles (I had to buy one of these) they also showed you projects you could make with the circles.
Another demo was making a quilt out of 2 1/2" strips. I have to make one of these. They were very fast to make and turn out really pretty.
And this is the last of the 4H projects. A taylored wool jacket. It was beautiful. The way it was displayed didn't do it justice.
That all my post for today. I'm hoping with a long weekend that I can post again tomorrow. I will show you the quilts that were entered by adults in the Home Economics building. AND some thing else I will share that I am so excited about.
Until then, have a great Labor Day Weekend. Deana














No comments:
Post a Comment