Last time I posted was in August. It was hot and humid. Today it's cold and chance of an inch of snow. I sure hope this winter is not as bad as last year.
I'm still cross stitching and quilting. I took a beginner quilting class at Apple Tree Quilting in Sept. It ran 3 hours 1 night a week for 6 weeks. I have been trying to teach myself but I know you can always learn something from a class. I had a really good time and learned what I am doing right and wrong. There were 5 of us in the class so a nice size for some individual attention. We had a choice of making a table runner, lap quilt or table topper. I chose the table runner. Since I really enjoy the look of the 30's vintage fabrics I decided to use blue, yellow and red. What do you think? We all used the same pattern, Jacob's Ladder.
I think I did a pretty good job. My corners and seams came together nicely. I learned how to do mitered corners on the binding that were so easy. We machine quilted it using the stitch in the ditch method. I really want to make another one using some seasonal fabrics. Maybe something patriotic. I've finished one more house on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow but I don't have a picture of it yet. I put it away until after Christmas but taking a pic. I made Austin his annual Christmas ornament from Grammy. Here he is when I gave it to him on Thanksgiving.
Austin thought the saying was so funny. "When you stop believing, you get socks and underwear!"
( I just noticed he still has marker on his face, he drew eyebrows and a mustach on his self with washable marker earlier in the day and we made him wash it off before I took the picture.) BOYS!
In Oct. the week before deer season opens, there was youth weekend for deer hunting. Sabrina and Brian took Austin out for his 1st time hunting and look how he did.
He was so excited. And yes he shot it his self. Doesn't look very proud does he?
Now I'm the type that would be out there yelling to the deer "Run for you life!" but I am happy for him.
And lastly before I go, I have a picture of one of the squirrels we feed. He must be hogging all the food from the look of that backside.
Until next time, and hopefully it won't be in 4 months.Deana





I enjoyed the update. I agree with Austin, it's a great ornament. And your table runner is outstanding. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteForgot my name on the last post. Sorry Deana, Your friend, Denise
ReplyDelete