The last two weekends I went to the MO. State Fair. Steve works at the fire dept each year for the whole two weeks that the fair is going on, so I took the 1st weekend to go see him and take in the fair. The fire station is located on the fairgrounds and since Steve is a commissioner with the fire dept, he was able to park our camper right behind the fire station. That made it so nice to be able to stay right there on the fairgrounds. The 1st weekend was my weekend. I planned to see all the exhibits that interested me. (I'll post those pictures next time.) And the 2nd weekend was all Austin's. We left right after he got out of school Friday. Steve was able to get away for a while both weekends and spend some time with Austin and me. We did just about everything Austin wanted to do. He rode lots of rides. He loves the wild rides. Several he was not tall enough to ride, so he was a little bummed out. Maybe next year. Since I get motion sickness on any ride,he had to ride by hisself. I felt bad but he didn't seem to mind.
Hurry up and get this thing moving! This swings around and goes up in the air.
A peek and a smile from the spinning apple.
A ride on the big slide.
Getting ready for the big takeoff!
Yep! He's way up there, and loved it. This ride pulls them to the top and then drops them. He loved this one so much he had to ride this one twice.
A picture with the giant frog.
Two of my favorites, Austin and a turtle.
Here's a cute picture I took at the Highway Dept. gardens. They have the prettiest flowers, garden benches to take a break, picnic tables,fish pond and a waterfall.
And a picture with Mr.Safety Barrel Man. This was also in the Highway Gardens.
Next time I'll post the pics from my weekend.
Until then, take care.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment