This morning I get up and get ready for work leaving Steve sound asleep in bed with our black out blinds up so he could sleep. Right before I leave for work I go into our bedroom, quietly slip on my shoes, leave for work and as I'm walking across the parking lot at work, I look down and I have two different shoes on. I couldn't even tell they didn't match when I had them on. They didn't feel any different until I noticed they weren't the same. And what's worse, one was a clog and one was a sandal. Am I not a ding dong or what? So, what am I going to do? I get back in the car to run home. No, I don't have time to run home and be back at work on time. If I go in the employee entrance there are people standing around, I don't want to be seen. They'll think I can't dress myself. Which is apparently true, but that's beside the point. So I decide to go in the front entrance. Hurry behind my desk, call Steve's cell to bring me a matching clog. No answer. Call home. No answer. Call his cell again. No answer. Ok, now I have to tell someone so I can run home. I call a coworker that covers me at lunch to come to my desk. When she gets there, she has this concerned look on her face and said, "What's wrong?" I start explaining what's going on and when she looked down at my shoes she started laughing so hard. So thanks,Amber for covering me, and no one would even know. Yah Right!. When I got back to work, the more we thought about it, the funnier it got. So now a few others know as well.
Until next time,
Deana
PS: From now on, you can bet I check my shoes before leaving home.
No comments:
Post a Comment