My daffodils and surprise lilies are coming up. Corcus are blooming. I did rake the front yard last Sat. but have tons more to do. We have Sweetgum trees in the front yard that dropped their little pods pretty much into summer. I hate them, but they do provide nice shade.
Steve is going in the hospital April 4th to have both knees replaced, so I have started a honey do list for him to get done before surgery since I will doing it all for a while. I hope he does well with it but he will be off work for a several weeks.
I haven't taken any stitching pictures lately. I'm moving along quite nicely on the Yellow House Sampler. I did finish my first pieced and machine quilted project. It's a small table topper. It's not perfect but I am pretty pleased with the finished piece. I think I might make another one with different colors.

I started working on a patchwork quilt for Austin for Christmas. Their 4 1/2" squares of some fun fabrics he'll like. Since I'm really new to quilting, I figure I can make him a quilt and he'd never see the imperfections.
I have my moms old Singer Creative Touch 1030 sewing machine now and I have set it up in the basement so I can sew on Austin's quilt when we're downstairs. She sewed on for years but had not for the last few years. Dad bought it for her back in 1979 along with a really nice cabinet. I thought I might have to have it cleaned and adjusted before using it but I cleaned the outside of it and plugged it in and it run like a new one.
Since I don't have stitching pics to show, I figured I always have some of the "kids" to show off. Here's all 3 posing for a shot in the living room.

I'm going to go do a little stitching on my Lizzie Kate Stamps for a while. Almost done with November.
Until next time, happy stitching.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment