Ok, now that I got that out of my system,and for anyone that doesn't know me or that is reading my blog for the first time, let me explain. This year has been very hard on our family. My mother suffered a severe stroke Nov. 2009. After eight months in the nursing home she passed away June 24th. My aunt, mom's sister passed away the end of April before mom in June. My mother in law passed away in Sept. Labor Day to be exact, she had been in a nursing home for 3 years. Then earlier this month, the little dog we got in July passed away. One of our other poms, Molly has cancer and has been going downhill very fast. We have decided Monday Steve will take her to the vet for her passing. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, however she is having difficulty breathing due to the swollen lymph nodes in her neck. So see why I'm glad to start a new year?
Although we have had a terrible year, I'm very thankful for my family and friends. Also we have all been in pretty good health. With the passing of mom, it has brought my niece and nephew and their families closer to us. However, it did not with my sister and brother. He didn't even bother to come to her funeral. Enough said!!
With the beginning of a new year, don't we all feel like it's a fresh start?
Here's what I would like to achieve in the new year.
1. Finish more of my projects I have started.
2. Organize and get rid of stuff we do not need or use.
3. Spend less,save more.
4. Finish the remodel in the basement. Due to Steve's knees and my back we're giving up on the DIY and paying to have it finished.
5. Go camping more.
6. Post more often on my blog.
Now that I have gotten interested in quilting, I'd like to get a couple of projects completely finished this next year. However I still have to start them.
I just keep thinking about a quilt that I bought fabric for while on vacation that I've been wanting to do so bad.
And since I have been getting into quilting, I have decided to rename my blog. I have pondered a lot of different titles but have finally made my decision of calling it, Deana's Fabrics and Fibers. I feel like that will cover my interest in both cross stitch and quilting.
So next time you stop by to see what I'm up to, the title will be new.
We have had some crazy weather this fall and winter. Fall was colder and wetter than normal. It got cold so early that we did not get our yard cleaned up like we usually do. I do not like being outside when it's cold so it just never got done. Last week at this time we had the big Christmas Eve snowfall.
Today, we have has severe storms moving thru the state and at this time it's 55 degrees outside. At least I was able to get the deck cleaned up today. This afternoon temps are suppose to drop like a rock into the 20's by tonight. I've taken advantage of the warmer weather and opened a few windows for a short while, just to get some fresh air in the house. Here's some pics I took Christmas Eve.





I wanted to show a couple of yard ornaments Angie gave me for Christmas. They are the cutest things. I love them and can't wait until spring to put them in my flower bed.



And another ornament I love, Steve surprised me with it last year before Christmas.
It was handmade although, I'm not sure how they did it. It's just the coolest ornament.
Notice the larger outer glass ball has a smaller glass ball inside, their attached to each other by just fine strings of glass. Last year I carefully hung it on our tree, but this year, I found an ornament hanger and I feel like it needs to be displayed all by itself.



Yesterday, I made the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart for needful things. Food and toiletries are nice to have. I haven't been there since about a week before Christmas, so it was a cart full. Now, passing the pet isle, I saw a couple of Christmas dresses marked down that I just had to buy for the princess.
Isn't she the cutest?


I had the injection in my back Tuesday. They said if I could take it easy for a few days the better the steriod would work. So Tuesday, I pretty much laid around the house. Wednesday spent most of the day stitching and cutting little squares for my postage stamp quilt. My back is feeling alot better. Just hope it stays this way.
Steve has to work tonight and Sabrina and Brian want to go out for New Years Eve, so I will be keeping Austin overnight. You know me and a six year old are going to party hard. Hope we can stay awake at least until 10:00pm.
Hope you and your family have a nice New Years Eve and a great 2011.
Until next time,
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment