This has just been a very difficult year. Since my last posting, much has been going on. The kids came home for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed the company and a nice dinner. Steve and I did go shopping on Black Friday. I usually avoid the day, but Steve offered so I took him up on it.
Dec. 6th we lost our little pom, Buddy, he was fine one day, playing, acting normal, then the next day he was very sick. The vet said he had a sever bladder infection. By the second day he needed surgery, and 2 days later passed away on the 6th. We just got him in July and was only 2 years old. We loved him very much and miss his little face. Then a week later our other pom, Molly was diagnosed with Cancer on her lymph nodes. She seems to be feeling good, the nodes are extremely swollen, but she doesn't seem to feel it. As long as she feels good we will keep her with us and deal with the other as it comes.
Last Sunday, Angie, Sabrina and Austin came in so we could make holiday treats. Here's the results of 8 hrs. in the kitchen.



A
Angie came up with the ideas for the mice and snowmen on the stick for Austin to take to school for his kinder garden class party. Their so cute. We made marsh mellow snowmen on a stick with mini M&M's and a chocolate covered pretzel hat. The mice are candy kiss, cherry dipped in chocolate, sliced almond ears. We had fun making them.
Holy Cow!.........Just looked outside, It's snowing like crazy! We've received about 4 inches over night and now it's really coming down. I don't really like the snow and cold, but it is really pretty falling.
I've quickly grabbed the camera to get some pictures of our wonderful neighbor out clearing all our driveways and the street. We live on a dead end street and most times don't see a snowplow until the 2nd or 3rd day. This morning they came down our street and cleared the way, but blocking in the cars and driveways. Now Dan (our neighbor) is out plowing all 11 driveways and unburrowing the cars and trucks. What a great guy.



Earlier this morning when Steve came home from work, I let Sage out to play in the snow. Here's some fun pictures of her. Dogs seem to get sooo excited in the snow. I wish I knew what they were thinking.



Here's the little princess in her holiday dress staying in where it's warm and cozy. Besides, the snow is deeper that she is tall.

Here's our big tree all ready for tomorrow when the kids come in.

And the pencil tree I have with all my cross stitch ornaments. Plus my Christmas village in the jelly cabinet.

On the stitching scene, I finished Austin's Christmas ornament just in time.

And one I did for my cross stitch tree this year.

I have not finished anything else for so long. I did finish Mermaids a good while back and had not posted the picture of it. There's a close up of the mermaids that I did a little changing on. I used the petite beads for eyes and white petite beads for their pearl necklaces instead of french knots.


I hope after Christmas I will have a little more free time for stitching.
I have this next week off work due to our yearly shutdown between Christmas and New Years. I'm looking forward to the days to be at home and maybe get some stitching and sewing done. Tuesday I get to have an injection in my back, I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm hoping for some relief with the back pain.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Until next time, keep stitching.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment