Saturday, August 14, 2010

Here's What's Been Going On In My Life.

Good Morning to all,
It's Sat. and I haven't decided what I want or need to do today, but I wanted post some pics of what have been going on this last month or 2. Steve had his motorcycle custom painted with the Maltese cross of the fire dept. he belongs to. It really turned out nice. Here's the pic of the gas tank. The 202 is his fire dept number.


A couple of weeks ago we all got together for my birthday July 7th, Sabrina's birthday July 18th and would you believe Fathers Day. We haven't been able to get it together lately so just combined all 3 in 1.
Here's the pic of Sab's and my cake Angie made. If you have read and seen past pics on my blog, you know Angie is the "Official Cake Baker" for all events in our family. She carved the sunflower from a round cake. It was a lemon poppy seed cake and she added the blueberries to the center. Very good.

Last weekend we had Austin's 6th birthday party at their house. Again, Angie made the cake. Angie has made every birthday cake for Austin. She always lets him pick the theme and this year he wanted camouflage and army men. I'm always amazed at what Angie comes up with.


On the stitching front, here's a pic of Mermaids by Little House Needleworks. I started it last weekend.

Prairie Schooler R is for Rabbit has only been stitched on during our Swan stitching nights. The green cabbage on the left was a rip out this Thurs. night. I stitched most of it in the wrong color (brown) before realizing it was wrong. I didn't pay attention to it, thought it was a bush, not a cabbage.

I have been cutting hexagon templates this last couple of weeks. I want to make a table runner for Ang and Sab with fabrics that belonged to mom. I thought this Christmas would be nice but that's probably pushing it considering all that is going on. I still haven't chose an ornament for our Swan exchange or Austin's ornament for this year. I have been plugging along on the Grandmothers Flower Garden, and am making great headway.

And before I end, I have to post a pic of the new fridge I finally got after 4 months of dealing with Lowe's. After all the screw ups they made, I got it for half price. They managed to even screw things up right down to the delivery. They brought the wrong truck and my fridge was in the "other truck." They didn't tell me until I had emptied the old fridge out (FOR THE SECOND TIME)When I went out to the truck to tell them I was ready for them to bring it in was when they told me. So, after my explosion out at the truck, they went back to Columbia and brought the right one.
I would never order anything again from Lowes. After the long wait, I am glad I did get the fridge on the bottom and ice and water in the door.

I leave you with a pic of Austin and Buddy.

It's going to be another scorcher today, so I'll be inside working or stitching.
Have a good weekend.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Deana - so sorry to read that your Mom passed away. I hope all the warm memories help to ease your pain.
    Your "R" block is looking great and I love the Grandmothers Flower Garden.
    Take care,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete