Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Halloween Pillow

Hi all,
I have a Halloween finish to show you. I originally made this into a wall hanging, but just didn't like the look of it, so yesterday I ripped it apart and made it into a pillow. I like it alot better.

I have almost finished making Austin's tooth fairy pillow. Just need to finish the cording which I hope to do today. So no picture until it's done. I haven't work on Grandmother's Flower Garden this week. I have been stitching on R is For Rabbit. I'm not too far from finishing it.

I really need to start considering the 2 ornaments that I need to do for this year. One for our SWANS Christmas exchange, and the other one for Austin. I have plenty of patterns to choose from but really would like to see the 2010 Just X Stitch Ornament book first.
Thursday I stopped by an estate garage sale and picked up several pieces of fabric at a very good price.


I also bought several quilting magazines and 3 hardback quilting books.
While I was busy in my sewing room yesterday, the little girls and boy were catching up on some sleep on a quilt I have in there to repair. As you see Molly is her unsociable self, sleeping under my machine.

Sage was asleep in the livingroom, preferring the couch, as usual.
The summer is rapidly coming to an end and even though I love summer, I'm sure looking forward to cooler temps. I haven't been outside much at all this year. It's just soooo humid on top of high temperatures.
Here's a pic of Molly and Buddy. Molly has always been a loner when it comes to the other dogs, so as you see, she doesn't think much of Buddy rutting his way into her bed. She tolerated him, but the minute he got out of the bed, she headed for her usual sleeping spot under the antique kitchen cabinet.

Buddy has adjusted to his new home well, but hasn't figured out how the program works yet. He has been guarding the food bowls, which is a no-no and Molly let him know it a time or two. And his personality has been showing more each day. The first three weeks or so, he never bothered anything, or played with any toys. Now he has decided to drag the toys out just like the girls do. And gets into things. Let's see, he knock the covered candy dish off the end table in the basement and M&M went everywhere. Luckily I heard it crash and quickly scooped them up and threw them away.
When I've been cleaning in my sewing room he would try to sneek out with a skein of floss or two when I had them out on the floor sorting the numbers. Friday, I picked up a large can of pellets for the fish. I set them on the floor by the steps thinking I'd take them to the basement next time I head down. As I was coming out of the sewing room, here came Buddy carrying the can by the lip on the can. It's not all that light weight but he managed to drag in along.
And the funny one was last weekend, I was downstairs painting the bathroom, when I came up stairs, Mr.Buddy had pulled everything out of Steve's lunchbox that he leaves sitting in the floor under the cabinet in the kitchen. There was(and I do mean WAS and in past tense) a zip lock bag of granola bars, a bag of chocolate covered coffee beans, (that I got to clean up later with the rug shampooer) along with paper plates, fork, a tube of lotion. The chocolate cover coffee beans really scared me. I didn't even know he ate them until he got sick. Chocolate can be deadly to dogs not to mention what the coffee beans could do. Anyway,needless to say, even after upchucking the chocolate, he was wired for the evening. Now Steve has to find a new place to keep his lunchbox.
It looks like rain this morning, but not too hot, I think I'll go see if I can set outside and stitch a bit now.
Have a good week.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Love the Halloween pillow. We all missed you at stitching tonight and hope you are doing better. Sorry too I completely missed that you had a birthday. Denise

    ReplyDelete