Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hi everyone,
I'm still around. Although I posted only once in April.I have been so busy with everything that I have fallen behind in computer "stuff". I've been on the computer long enough to check email and that's been about it. I love reading all the other blogs and need to get caught up on them.
Since my last posting, Steve and I had our 35th anniversary on the 12th. We have been trying to work on our basement bathroom. We are now putting up the molding, then comes the paint. We have torn up the old tile in his workshop and have about half the new tile down. We had a load of dirt delivered so I have been moving it to low areas of our yard with a wheel barrow. Not easy on the back so I'm doing a little at a time. The rain has not been very cooperative either with it. I've also been planting flowers. We got our screen room put up on the deck so I would like to spend some time just sitting and stitching out there.
We received a call a couple of days ago from the nursing home my mom is at, and due to her aggressive behavior, we are going to have to move her to another facility.
This is going to be hard for her and us because it will have to be in another town. The home where she is now, found one place that is about an hour away. We are going to see what else we can find in the next few days. It's hard to go see her now because she is so angry and just doesn't understand that she can't go home.
We have always went to see her every week but it has now been 3 weeks since our last visit. And actually it wasn't really a visit, but an hour and a half argument with her as to why we couldn't take her home. She can say some of the most hurtful things to us. I feel guilty because I can't do what she wants. Yet, there's nothing else we can do. She just doesn't understand and thinks we are being mean to her. She keeps saying she is fine and can take care of herself. And I think in her mind, she can take care of herself because of the things she says. She keeps telling us the nursing home says she doesn't need to be there and is ready to go home, which is obviously not true because she has use of her left hand and left leg. She has to have 24 hr. nursing care. It has been tough.

On a lighter side of life, I have been stitching on Quaker Christmas as much as possible. Here's the newest pic taken just this morning. I'm so close to finishing, that I just don't want to stitch on anything else.

I finished April Stitch A Long earlier this month and almost forgot to email my pic to Kathy at Needle Delights in Florida.
Here's a couple shots of it.


And I actually have a cross stitch piece completely finished and assembled. Although it wasn't finished in time for Easter. I really like the trim I used. Found it at JoAnn's Fabrics.
This picture looks like the piece is not square but it is.



I hope I can get some stitching time in this weekend. I have laundry, cleaning and more planting to do. I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.
Deana

2 comments:

  1. I love the Quaker Christmas design! Will have to have a look for that...

    Love the other pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute way you finished the peep peep!!!Denise

    ReplyDelete