Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday and Stitching

Since my last post I have been zoned in on Quaker Christmas. I have made so much progress, that I really have enjoyed staying with it. However, my other projects have been sadly neglected. Here's a pic.

I need to get started on another of my prairie schooler alphabet series. Since my stitching group meets tomorrow night, I will get it started there.
For everyone that finished their Feb. stitch a long on time from Needle Delights, Kathy gave us 25% off one item. I was really wanting Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings. So that's what I ordered and received it yesterday.
I love that whole Hawk Run Hollow series and have all of them now. But am still working on Houses of HRH. Maybe someday I will get them all stitched.
Last weekend, after finishing the stitching on Happy Easter, I got it assembled except for cording. I'm going to have to look out of town, because with having only a Wally World there is no selection here in town.
Anway, here's a pic of it without cording.

My magnolia's are blooming by the front porch and tried to get a picture of them a couple of nights ago. I took these after dark with the flash on. Not bad, but sooo pretty in person. They just don't last long.


As I mentioned, we went to Sabrina and Brian's for Easter. Austin colored eggs while Brian was working on the BBQ.

We had a great lunch of BBQ'd pork loin, green beans, salads, deviled eggs and homemade apple pie.
Austin was so excited to get to hunt Easter eggs. Sabrina was making him wait until both sets of grandparents got there before he could go look for them. We were the 1st to arrive and just as we were pulling in the driveway, he shot out of the house and ran around to the backyard. Sabrina made him put the eggs back he picked up and come back in the house to wait for Brian's family. He was soooo funny the night before. Sabrina called and said Austin was questioning wither the Easter bunny was real. He took 4 of the sponge bullets that go in his Nerf machine gun and tucked them in Jeff's collar. Jeff is their black lab. He also tied a cape to Jeff and told him to stay outside all night and catch the easter bunny.
He can come up with the funniest things. Here's a few pics for Easter.




About Me

My photo
I live in mid Missouri. I'm an administrative assistant at a diecasting plant and enjoy my job very much. I love counted cross stitch and knitting. I started quilting in 2010 after my mom passed away. She was the quilter of the family. I now have her supplies and with classes and time I hope to finish the quilts she did not get completed along with making some of my own. My husband is the greatest, supporting me in anything I want to do or try. We have 2 grown daughters, which we love so much, along with 2 great son in laws and a 8yr old grandson that is so much fun. We also have 1 dalmation, and 4 pomeranians. I love animals especially dogs, going camping, reading,and spending time with our family. My dislikes are cold weather, tv and movies with violence. People that are always complaining, guys with their pants hanging off their butts, and seeing people texting while driving.