Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Dance!

I'm doing my happy dance of spring. It's finally warm and sunny. And it's suppose to be that way all this week. Grass is greening up. Daffodils are getting ready to bloom. My mood has already improved a bunch overnight. I can't wait to get out and start working in the yard, or setting out on the deck. I'm just looking forward to being outside. I'm one of those people that suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder). This was a self diagnosis because "I HATE WINTER." I don't know why some people enjoy winter. It's cold, it's dark, every thing is brown and dead, there's nothing fun to do outside because remember.......it's cold,dark and dead. I can't see how bundling up like Ralphie's brother in A Christmas Story to go outside of any length of time can be fun. But for those of you that enjoy winter, you go for it. I'll stay cozied up with my stitching and a blankie and see you in the spring.
Nothing new much on the stitching front. I did get the Easter Egg finished. Now just need to complete the "assembly" process. I pulled out a WIP that I'd kind of forgotten about. It's just a fun little piece about spending my money on cross stitch and chocolate. Also, still plugging along on Quaker Christmas.
I'll try to get some updated pics for next posting.
Since my last post, the stitching group I belong to met at my house and we had a really fun time. We got alot of visiting in along with some stitching and snacking on cookie/brownie bars I made.
If you know me, then you know I do not like to cook. So even though these came from a boxed mix, I think they were pretty good. Probably better than if I'd tried them from scratch. Scratch doesn't really work for me. Believe me, my talent lies in cross stitch.
Think I do a little blog surfing and then off to stitch.
Have a good evening,
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to leave a comment for the post yesterday, but no link, so I've put it here instead :o) I love the Quaker design and the Easter Egg! The Quaker looks very detailed.

    ReplyDelete