I went into my sewing room to work on framing, but I couldn't work on it while looking at the stuff that I needed to put away, or the dust. I thought I'll just put stuff where it goes and run a quick duster on the funiture. And as we all know how one thing leads to another, I TOTALLY cleaned my sewing room. Moved furniture, vaccuumed baseboards,carpet,took down blinds and washed them in the bathtub. Sorted and put things away. I think I'm a compulsive organizer, but I never get it quite the way I want, so I'm always trying new ways. I bought a large 3 drawer rubbermaid organizer at my neighbors garage sale a couple of weeks ago and it was setting in the middle of the floor waiting for me to figure out where I wanted to set it. My other rubbermaid drawers are exploding with fabric so I was going to move it around and put some of it in this one.
Sage and Emmie love playing with stuffed toys but they also love ripping them up. I had a pile of 10 toys that needed rips sewn up and I got that done.
I had a cross stitch Christmas pillow that I made years and years ago that at the time I didn't know I needed to stuff it really good so it had became flat over the years. For probably at least 4 or 5 years, that pillow has been in my "TO DO" box to take apart and restuff. And yes, I finally did it!! It probably took a whole 30 min. to redo, so why did I keep it laying around for that long???
Now, I started this whole thing about 8:00 Sat. morning and finished in there at 2:00. I know what your thinking, "That must have been really bad to take 6 hrs) and yes it was. It's looking pretty good now.
The afternoon consist doing a quick vaccuuming and dusting to the rest of the house and putting country ribs in the oven for dinner. I also brushed and trimmed Molly, our pom. She looks so pretty now. But she hates being brushed, it takes me about an hour every time.
And since I posted a pic of Emmie and Molly, here's what Sage did most of the day.
This weekend is the St Charles needlework show, and I can't wait to see what's new. If you like Halloween, take a look at The Primitive Needle. She has a great new design, Witches Hollow. A must have for me along with Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings.
Steve's home from work so I need to stop for now and fix breakfast.
Have a good day.
Deana
This is your friend in Colorado, I just love reading your blog makes me feel like I'm still there. I do know how you feel about trying to get things done and then getting distracted by something else. Bet it feels good to go into that room though and why don't we keep them that way. I'm sitting in mine right now thinking I could use some of your help! haha
ReplyDeleteI agree with Colorado. I didn't get to Mexico tonight. Life at school has been down right busy. So fun to see what others are doing.
ReplyDelete