Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm finally back online

After about 3 weeks with no internet, I'm finally back online. I barely got my blog started and was trying to post every couple of days when the internet quit and after a couple of days the phones went bad. We could receive calls but couldn't hear anything but static. My husband ran new lines in the house, and still no phone or internet. Then the phone company came out and ran new line from pole to the house. Phones are now good to go, and they said the internet should be too. NOPE!! We had been thinking of changing companys for our internet anyway, so now was the time. My husband called, got it ordered, now we're just waiting for the modem to come. After 10 days and nothing, he calls them back and the lady he talked to forgot to submit the order. They overnight the modem which did a lot of good because I tried to hook it up, and guess what.....no internet. Waited until the next day and nothing.
And the day after that, my husband called again. They just got it turned on. OK,now we're going to try this again. After, doing everything I could possibly do, I got PO'ed and told my husband he was going to have to deal with it. Or else I was going to shoot someone or something. This is on a Sat. so he calls the company. Now, I spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone back in Oct trying to get a problem with the internet straighten out and I knew I needed to time his call. He clocked in with a time of 2 hrs and 55 min. And still no internet!!!!!Well, not completely. We have it on the home computer, but no laptop. They think we have a bad wireless router so they advised calling that company since it was a fairly new router. This time, he get someone who you can't understand so he hands off to me. Great!! I can't wait. I couldn't understand him either.And after 45 min. and you guessed it. Still no laptop. Now their idea was to call Dell and have them tell me how to change some settings on my laptop. I call them, we go thru them getting all this info and they need to get a 3rd party in on it and there will be a charge of 69.99 for a one time service. Now our neighbor is an IT wiz but he's out of town for the weekend. So I decided to wait and ask him to take a look at it.
Can you believe he came over and in less then 5 mins had everything up and running and even changed our new emails to make it easier to go.
Why do these companies have these support people when they can't trouble shoot anything. Just makes me furious that you can't call and have someone figure out what's wrong without losing half the weekend and your mind too.

Now I have to get caught up from the last 3 weeks.

I have been stitching alot. I plan on getting new pics posted this weekend. I have been rotating projects and have had fun getting new things started. I'm currently stitching on Lacy Pinks, by Debbie Draper Designs. It came with the over dyed floss but I didn't have a soft pink fabric for it, so I did a little playing around with dying. I came up with a really pretty pink using Beet Juice. I hope when I get a picture of it,it shows up nice.

This is all for tonight, will try to get back to posting every couple of days but got to get my stitching fix for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment