Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter to everyone,
I haven't posted since Steve's knee surgery and things are slowing getting back to a normal routine around here. Here's some pics of Steve's knees after his replacements.
Here's his left leg.

And his right leg.

And one of him with Austin visiting him while in the hospital.
He's getting along great. He was in the hospital 4 days. The 1st 2 weeks at home were pretty rough on both of us. He was in alot of pain and I wasn't getting much sleep and still having to work each day.
Angie and Sabrina took a couple of days each to come take care of him so I didn't have to miss any more work that I had. That was a great help for both of us. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since Steves surgery and he is now walking without a cane while in the house. He has not ventured out other than the doctor check ups until today. He went with me to WalMart and used their electric scooter to follow me around.He is doing great with his physical therapy. He started walking very slowly on the treadmill this weekend for 5 min 4 times a day. He was released Thurs. from home health and home therapy and will now start physical therapy at our local hospital.
Now, I'm so happy to show these pics off. Austin has been wanting me to show him how to sew, he wanted to come stay with us the 1st weekend Steve was home from the hospital so we played in the sewing room in between taking care of our patient.
He wanted to make a pillow and I had several "kid" type fabrics so he chose the one he wanted. I wasn't sure about putting him on the sewing machine but after seeing other blogs with kids sewing, I thought we'd give it a try. I was amazed how accurate he was with his seams. I think I was most worried about the foot pedal, I thought he'd be pedal to the metal but from the very start he control the speed amazingly well.




He's was soooo proud of his pillow, and so was I.

Later that night, he was still wanting to make something so I started him on and embrodery piece. A stamped cross stitch easter bunny. He's still working on it when he's here.
Now I can show what I've been working on for the last few weeks.


My very 1st finished quilt. I did the small piece I posted a while back that I have in the center of my dining room table, but this is my 1st biggie. I was going to give it to Austin for his birthday in August but it went alot faster than I expected.
So I figured it would be a good Easter gift.
He was thrilled with it, as was I....... He just called me to let me know he took nap with it this afternoon and that he was going to sleep with it and his new pillow tonight. I'm glad he likes it. He is just fasinated with my stitching.
I have been stitching on flowers for my Grandmothers Flower Garden. They have been going remarkably fast. Austin even got excited about them. He took pictures of some I was working on them while I stayed with Steve in the hospital.




Well, I better stop for now. I have more I could talk about but will save that for another day.
Until then, Happy stitching.
Deana

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so sure Steve will be up and at 'em really soon, I had the left TKR March 9 and inline for the right one in Oct. Didn't do both together and that's ok too. WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
    Love the pillow and the work that went into such a project will be remembered for years to come.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete