Austin spent Sat. and part of today with us. We had a really good time. He helped me around the house so much yesterday. He helped me sort all of my empty frames and organize them according to their size. Then we lined them up in containers so it will be easier for me to see and find the one I want to use. He helped me fold laundry, and vaccuum. How come they have fun doing that kind of stuff and we don't?? I was amazed at how much he stayed with me helping. Last night he and I set down in the floor and cut up old clothes to make a throw for our sofa in the basement. I cut them up and he would fold the pieces and put in a plastic container. A while back, I took a bunch of old navy blue uniforms from work and cut them into 4" squares, then sewed them together to make a cover for the back seat of the truck to protect the seat from all the dog hair when we are traveling with the dogs. You'd be amazed at how much they shed when we are on vacation. Since our sofa is navy burgandy and gold, Sage,(the dalmation) hair shows up like a sore thumb on it. I have always covered it with a sheet when we are home and then take it off if we have company. I decided the navy cover would look better than a sheet so I brought the cover for the truck seat in to cover the couch. It's too short so I am just going to make another on for the sofa, then I won't have to shuttle one from the couch to the truck.
Steve took Austin outside with his John Deere bike and Austin wanted to take his training wheels off. He picked up on riding pretty quick. Here's some pics of him and PaPa. Only 2 small crashes, but what was so funny, after the first crash, I wiped his hands off and looked at them and he was fine, but he ran in the house and got his winter gloves. He just hasn't got the hang of taking off. You have to hold the bike until he starts peddling.



Yesterday afternoon we make Halloween spiders out of sweet gum pods, pipe cleaners and wiggle eyes. Here's some pics of the spider maker.



They turned out so cute. I had to keep one for myself.

Steve was going to go on a toy ride today with some friends from work. And before he left, we had to take some pics of the biker dudes.


Almost time for the race to start so I need to get my stitching and go set down.
Until next time.
Deana
No comments:
Post a Comment