Not much going on, just trying to stay cool in our triple digit heat index. Above 100degrees all this week is expected. I'll be going outside just long enough to get to and from work and watering my poor flowers.
At least if I stay inside where it's cool I should get lots of stitching done.
I've been working away on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I now have 60 flowers made and a few of the single green border pieces. Here I was playing around with the layout of them.

It's been so much fun working on it.
I've also been stitching on Yellow House Sampler again. It hasn't been alot of fun stitching on it but it is coming out really pretty. Also I'm slowing moving long on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. My camera battery is dead and recharging so I'll post pics next time.
I've spent alot of time lately reading quilting and cross stitch blogs too. I look at all the progress everyone is making and wonder what I'm doing wrong. I love looking at what everyone is working on or just finished making. It's really inspiring to see all the great ideas. Makes me want to start more projects but I must control myself. I keep telling myself "I must finish some before starting more."
We did go camping a couple of weekends ago. We were really lazy and didn't do much other than hit the local antique shops and flea markets in the area. I did purchase several pieces of fabric for just $1.00 yd. I like those prices. I also bought some antique buttons that I couldn't pass up.
My knee is still on the fritz. I got a steroid injection on the 7th (yes,on my birthday) and I'm going to physical therapy twice a week but I'm not seeing any improvement. It still hurts just as bad as ever and has now started swelling alot more.
Steve teases me that he got me an injection in my knee for my birthday and I had already gave him 2 new knees for our anniversary back in April....We're such great gift givers.
I think I am going to go do some stitching now so until next time,
Deana
Your quilt pieces remind me so much of the hand stitching that I used to do with my grandma. I still have the quilt top she made. I love the green background color. Miss you at stitching these days. Take care of yourself. Denise
ReplyDeleteI really like the way your blocks are turning out. So old-timey yet modern, too. It's going to be a really pretty quilt when it's finished. And I can sympathize with your attitude toward other stitching. Sometimes it's really hard to get back in the groove on something that I've set aside a while.
ReplyDelete